|Click on photograph to bring up bigger/better version.|
|Chatham, Medway. Thanks to Kent Photo Archive for the
Markings: None visible in the photo.
|A horse-driven pump at Rochester, Medway. Thanks to Bill Welsh for the photos. An inscription reads:|
| WELL PUMP
THIS HORSE-POWERED PUMP WAS
INSTALLED BY CHARLES DICKENS AT
GADS HILL PLACE, HIGHAM, IN 1857.
IT WAS BROUGHT TO ITS PRESENT SITE
FOR PRESERVATION IN 1973.
|Markings: None other reported.
|A fine old stone pump at Rochester, Medway, carrying a lamp and, on one side, an inspection panel. Thanks to Paul Snelling for the photo on the left and to Simon Cowper-Smith for the others. A plaque reads:|
|THIS PUMP WAS FIRST
ERECTED IN ROCHESTER IN
IT WAS RESTORED AND
PLACED HERE IN
|Markings: None other.
Back to Directory|Back to Map|Home|